- 1 c. Macaroni
- 2-3 T. oil
- 1 T. minced Garlic (from a jar; use less if you are using real garlic)
- 2 Zucchinis, sliced
- 4 small (or 2 large) carrots, sliced
- 1 can of beans, rinsed (I used kidney beans but I’ll bet black beans would be good too)
- 5-6 slices of bacon, diced or cut in pieces
- 1 can beef broth
- 1-2 c. water
- 1 tsp. basil
- salt and pepper
- cornstarch (1 tsp.-1 T.?)
- Cook the macaroni and drain.
- Fry the garlic, zucchinis, carrots, beans and bacon in oil. The carrots should go in first since they will nedd to cook longer to soften them
- Put the beef broth, water, and the fried veggie mix in a large soup pot on medium heat.
- Add the basil, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle and stir in some cornstarch to thicken. Simmer on low for 1/2 hour.